Eighteensound XR1464 Constant Coverage HF Horn
Key features Description
- 1.4 inch throat entry
- Uniform on-axis and off-axis frequency response
- 60° x 40° horizontal and vertical constant coverage
- Very low distortion at high sound pressure
- Improved compression driver cooling
- Rotatable structure
The XR1464 is a 1.4 inch throat entry constant directivity horn. The horn has been developed to reach optimum performances when it will coupled with 1.4 inch exit Eighteen Sound high frequency compression drivers.
All XR series horns have been designed in order to reach smooth driver frequency response, to maintain constant coverage and directivity and eliminating the midrange narrowing and high frequency beaming problems common of many similar horns on the market.
XR series horns are made in low pressure injected aluminium material in order to obtain the best performance under many point of view:
- thermal: aluminum horns are capable to reduce up to 30°C the steady state compression driver working temperature at full power, when compared to equivalent size plastic horn. This gives lower power compression ratio (down to 1dB) and higher driver power handling (30% higher);
The XR1464 maintains nominal 60° Horizontal x 40° Vertical pattern control. It provides consistent on-axis and off-axis frequency response from 1,2kHz to 16kHz in both horizontal and vertical planes. Horn directivity is constant down to 1,2kHz.